KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): The following is a chronology of the reign of Sultan Muhammad V as the 15th Yang di-Pertuan Agong:
– October 14, 2016: Elected as the 15th Yang di-Pertuan Agong for a five-year term at the 243rd (Special) Meeting of the Conference of Rulers to succeed the 14th Yang di-Pertuan Agong, the Sultan of Kedah, Sultan Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah.
– Dec 13, 2016: Takes the oath of office as the 15th Yang di-Pertuan Agong. The Sultan of Perak, Sultan Nazrin Shah, takes the oath of office as the Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
– Jan 31, 2017: Conferred the Darjah Yang Maha Utama Kerabat Diraja Malaysia (D.K.M) award by the Government of Malaysia.
– April 24, 2017: Installed as the 15th Yang di-Pertuan Agong in a ceremony steeped in the tradition of the Malay Sultanate at Istana Negara.
– Nov 3, 2017: Grants an audience to visiting Prince Charles and wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, at Istana Negara.
– May 10, 2018: Grants an audience to Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad prior to the latter taking the oath of office as the seventh Prime Minister at Istana Negara, following the Pakatan Harapan victory in the 14th General Election.
– May 16, 2018: Grants a full pardon to Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim,hen PKR de facto leader and now PKR president, who was released from prison.
– May 18, 2018: Grants an audience to Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad at Istana Negara to receive the list of MPs appointed as federal ministers.
– Nov 2, 2018: Takes leave until Dec 31, 2018 to undergo treatment. During this period, the Sultan of Perak, Sultan Nazrin Shah, as the Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong, performs the duties of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
– Jan 4, 2019: Attends Friday prayers at the Sultan Ismail Petra Mosque in Kubang Kerian, Kelantan.
– Jan 6, 2019: Steps down as the 15th Yang di-Pertuan Agong with immediate effect. – Bernama